Part-Time Social Media Manager
The EU funded project “OPEN Media Hub: Networking, on-the-job training and support to media professionals across the EU Neighbourhood area” aims at increasing the professional skills of journalists and media managers and supporting the production of audio-visual and online material in the European Neighbourhood countries thus contributing to the development of independent media and the more accurate presentation of the EU policies and support to the region. The project includes a series of capacity building, production and networking activities, including the reinforcement of a vibrant network of professional reporters across the EU Neighbourhood able to share information and experience in covering EU related issues.
The Social Media Manager South will contribute to moderate, animate and foster an informed debate for the project’s vibrant network of media professionals.
Timing and application procedure
The Online and Social Media Manager South will work from his/her home base on a part time basis throughout the duration of the project, starting from March 2017 until October 2019.
Please send fill in your application in English or French online at: https://mediahub.wufoo.com/forms/mq27wy911yu768/
Application deadline: 19 February 2017
In order to qualify for the position of Online and Social Media Manager in the Southern Neighbourhood the applicant should be able to demonstrate the following:
Qualifications and skills
- Relevant university or equivalent degree and/or experience in the field of journalism
- Knowledge of the Southern Neighbourhood media landscape;
- Knowledge of the EU and its institutions;
- Fluency in English, Arabic and French;
General professional skills
- At least 3 years of professional journalism experience including experience in covering EU related issues for a media organization in the Southern Neighbourhood of the EU
- Good knowledge of the media scene in the Southern Neighbourhood of the EU including some personal contacts with fellow journalists covering EU issues;
- Prior experience in social media and community management;
- Video editing skills
- Knowledge of design and illustrating software experience is an asset Specific professional experience
- Experience in reporting issues related to the cooperation between the EU and countries of the Southern Neighbourhood;
- Experience in foreign news reporting;
- Knowledge of the issues facing journalists in the EU Neighbourhood countries
- Media development awareness
- Good knowledge of new media tools including specifics of social media distribution in the Southern Neighbourhood of the EU
Description of the work:
Working under the editorial oversight of a Key Expert the Online and Social Media Manager South will be responsible for the editorial and language updates of the Media Hub website and social media accounts in Arabic, French and English and for supporting the development of a strong network of fellow journalists in the Southern Neighbourhood of the EU participating in exchange of information and sharing of professional experience through Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- The Online and Social Media Manager should be available to work for the project on a part-time basis for the duration of the project. While flexibility in the working hours is standard when working with social media, the candidate should be able to deliver an agreed amount of website and social media content each week during the project
- Under supervision of the project management team the Online and Social Media Manager will create and post relevant online and social media content related to the project activities and issues covered.
- The Online and Social Media Manager is responsible for the translation of some relevant content for the French/Arabic version of the website as well as the hosting and regular posting of content on the French/Arabic Facebook, Twitter and YouTube accounts of the Media Hub project;
- The Online and Social Media Manager will select in consultation with the project management team the relevant content to be published from the content created during or as a result of the project’s activities as well as content directly related to the issues covered by the project;
- The Online and Social Media Manager will follow the editorial principles adopted by the project for the publishing of material on the website.
- The Online and Social Media Manager will contribute to the overall reporting of the project bysubmitting regular monthly reports about the online and social media activity following a project reporting template.
How to ApplyApply now!
5238 total views, 7 today