Full-Time Senior Communications Coordinator
Position: Senior Communications Coordinator
Status: International Staff
Duration of contract: 2 years, renewable
Indicative starting date: as soon as possible
Location: CTA’s Headquarters, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Closing date for application: 15 June 2017
- ABOUT CTA
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture.
CTA’s envisions agriculture in ACP countries as a vibrant, modern and sustainable business that creates value for smallholder farmers, entrepreneurs, youth and women, and produces affordable, nutritious and healthy food for all.
- BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE POST
CTA seeks to recruit a highly qualified and motivated Senior Communications Coordinator to lead its communications and marketing team and help raise the Centre’s visibility and profile in terms of its results, outcomes and impact.
The Senior Communications Coordinator will have overall responsibility and authority over all communication actions. He/She will be the key resource person in the Communications Committee chaired by the Director, work closely with senior management and interact with programme staff.
- DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In consultation with the Communications Committee, devise and lead the implementation of CTA’s overarching communication strategy addressing both corporate (internal and external) and programmatic communications, including identifying key audiences, messages and suitable communication channels.
- Enhance and promote CTA’s brand as a cost-effective and impact-oriented organisation through well-coordinated and efficient communication and outreach across CTA’s events, web sites, social media accounts, publications and magazines.
- Actively seek out and identify impact stories and ensure these are well documented and effectively communicated
- Identify opportunities and develop plans for communication campaigns and actions (high-level events, flagship products.) conducive to raising the profile of CTA and demonstrating its value to its constituencies including key partners and donors
- Ensure quality, relevance and timeliness of CTA’s communication products and services
- Identify budget, staff resources and other needs to implement communication plans and activities
- Develop and monitor performance indicators to assess the effectiveness of CTA’s communications and marketing activities in terms of reach and brand recognition.
- QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Education: Master’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible relevant experience, preferably in agricultural or rural development
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective communications strategies and campaigns Excellent knowledge of all aspects of corporate communications (external, internal)
- Excellent knowledge of editorial and publishing workflows, with an emphasis on social media and online publishing.
Professional knowledge & skills:
- Communications project planning, management and monitoring skills
- Excellent skills in integrated use of traditional and modern communication media, including Web and social media
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior team player
- Strong leadership and networking skills
- Fluent in English; knowledge of French advantageous
- Good understanding of agricultural and rural development issues
- APPOINTMENT AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Senior Communications Coordinator will be appointed by the Director of the CTA upon recommendation of the Selection Committee.
- Type of contract: short term, category auxiliary staff, level 2C
- Duration of the contract: 2 years (renewal possible) with a 6 months’ probationary period.
- Gross annual income: € 88.260 mostly tax free.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- WHO CAN APPLY (Rule of nationality)
Only nationals of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States – http://www.acp.int/content/secretariat-acp – and the European Union Member States) can apply for the position.
How to ApplyInterested candidates having the relevant qualifications and experience (Section 4) and eligible to the position (Section 6), are required to send the documents listed below via email to Pascal Deleu, Human Resources Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate in the ‘Subject' of the email the title ‘Senior Communications Coordinator – Application' Deadline for applications: 15 June 2017.
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page)
- An up-to-date CV, preferably in EUROPASS format
- Copy of the highest diploma/degree. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
1406 total views, 2 today