Internship Traineeship journalist
The Communications Service of the European University Institute, based in Florence (Italy) is looking for one journalist to carry out the following daily tasks:
- Write and report on EUI academic activities and EUI special events;
- Assist the EUI web team in the development of online media content , including online advertising campaigns and social media;
- Monitor international media;
- Edit a range of texts by Institute staff, including webpages, official announcements and internal reports;
- Assist in project management and websites run by the Communications Service;
- Occasional photography and involvement in producing videos and podcasts.
Type and Duration
- 12 months, the first three months of which constitute a trial period. Full time (Monday to Friday).
- From May 2016 to May 2017
Conditions for Eligibility
A) Be nationals of a European Union member state, or of a candidate country which benefits from a pre-accession strategy (nationals of non-member states may be accepted depending on resources available);
B) Are studying for a first (post-secondary education) degree and are in the process of obtaining the qualification; OR
C) Are involved in a vocational training programme; OR
D) Have obtained the above (B or C) qualification, no longer than 18 months prior to the beginning of the traineeship;
E) Have a thorough knowledge of English (native speaker or equivalent certified level, C2). Knowledge of another European language may be an advantage but this is not a requirement (it should be taken into account that English, French and Italian are the main working languages at the EUI).
All rules governing the traineeship refer to the President’s Decision no.39/2013
IMPORTANT: please note that persons who do not meet the conditions above should not apply and may not receive any response if they choose to do so.
For more information on traineeships at the EUI:
- Applicants with a degree in journalism and/or proven work experience in the field of journalism are especially encouraged to apply;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Good time management and organisational skills;
- Ability to work in an international team.
- Previous experience in the field of journalism;
- Social media experience.
- Maintenance grants of 1.280 Euros per month;
- A discount of 40 per cent at the EUI canteen;
- Travel cost reimbursement for the journey to Italy and final return trip is provided.
How to Apply
Please send: a) CV; b) cover letter; c) up to 5 writing samples to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning in the subject: Application for Journalist Traineeship
2193 total views, 1 today