Full-Time Europe Digital Editor
CNNMoney, based in New York is expanding its global team to reach an audience that’s hungry for international financial news. We are seeking a Digital Editor, Europe who will be integral in making CNNMoney’s global expansion a success.
The Digital Editor, Europe will lead a team of reporters to produce stories of high relevance CNNMoney’s global audience. In this role the successful candidate will be the lead writer and editor for CNNMoney in Europe, responsible for setting daily coverage priorities, commissioning, editing and publishing stories.
The Digital Editor, Europe will also be responsible for identifying opportunities to contribute content for specials with high sponsorship appeal, including event-based and thematic series. They will also work closely with colleagues on the video and TV teams to develop cross-platform packages and will work with the Managing Editor CNNMoney International and Head of Global Strategy to add new features to the Money product.
Please see below some of the key responsibilities of the role:
- Responsible for the daily content from Europe
- Conceptualize, create, develop, manage and edit content focused on a user-driven strategy that understands the nuances of packaging content for the web, social and apps
- Guides the development of stories from start to finish
- Plans and executes features
- Reviews and improves reporters’ beats and sources to ensure coverage is thorough and competitive
- Achieves established editorial goals and deadlines and mentors others to do the same
- Allocates available resources to meet objectives
- Interacts with direct reports and peers in management/customers/vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes
- Develops and maintains relationships with editorial talent as well as own sources
- Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports
Desired skills and experience:
- The successful candidate will have significant experience on a leading digital publication.
- Excellent writing skills are essential including a high quality of style, language, accuracy, organization and balance.
- You will be able to produce quality work quickly and to adapt during breaking news.
- You must also be able to work independently, take initiative and generate story ideas.
- A good working knowledge of another European language is desirable but not essential.
How to Apply
Please apply through this website.
755 total views, 12 today